Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc., a leading global provider of text imaging solutions, has launched the public beta of Fonts.com Web Fonts, the company’s new Web font solution on webfonts.fonts.com. The cloud-based service allows Web designers, content creators, brand holders and others to access a wide range of fonts for designing Web communications, such as branded sites, blogs, Web content and advertising, as well as personal sites, postings and other materials created for online consumption.
Highlights of Monotype Imaging’s Fonts.com Web Fonts solution:
- Over 2,000 high-quality fonts available now for free public beta
- Approximately 7,000 fonts expected by commercial launch later in 2010
- Helvetica, Frutiger and Univers typefaces among several popular designs, available for the first time as Web fonts
- More than 40 languages supported using patent-pending Monotype Imaging technology
- Subscription-based solution to include a free, entry-level tier with ability to use more than 2,000 fonts
Read the full press release here.